Thursday 10 July 2014

Top 5 Toys - Beukhoven Sloopwerk

Beukhoven Sloopwerk from The Netherlands sent through a nice selection of 5 of his favourite toys!

"It's hard for me to choose my favourites because I collect many toys. Every now and than a toy catches my eyes and make me go "Wow!" so here's five of them.."

5) Gorgonzola by Yamomark x Blobpus

"I'm a big fan of both Yamomark and Blobpus so when these guys team up something beautiful must be created. And here it is: a lusciously painted lump of glowing Japanese vinyl. One of the Grails in my collection!"

4) Mecha Azteca by Jesse Hernandez/Raje Toys

"A few months ago, when in Amsterdam, I visited my friend Jeroen Krom of Outland Store and while we were chatting this white "thing" caught my eye. It was this white unpainted Mecha Azteca designed by Jesse Hernandez. Although being mainly a Japanese toys collector I do like Mr. Hernandez' style a lot. I already was the proud owner of a Mecha Azteca (jungle version) and a Death Serpent but then this one appeared... I've never seen any info about this one so I gather it is something special."

3) Dualos by Max Toy Co

"A fun thing about the clear monsters by Mark Nagata's Max Toy Co is that in daylight sun they look like icesculptures. This double headed monster fits nicely on the shelf next to clear versions of Drazoran, Drazorus, Dragigus and Axron. Now I have to find a clear Zanga but that will be a mission impossible."

2) Fly Trap Guy by Dream Rocket

"Despite all awesome designs of monsters this one I think is ingenious. Besides that the paintwork by Junichi Yajima is dazzling! I was lucky enough to meet Junichi in person and about everybody who did too will admit this is an awesome toy by an awesome guy."

1) Devil Man by - RealxHead & Mirock

"I saw this one passing by in a posting on the infamous kaijukorner blog and was silenced by it's design. The split open face with the other one inside got me and still does everytime when I look at it. Awesome sculpt by Mirock."

No comments:

Post a Comment