Tuesday 8 April 2014

Top 5 Toys - XSuicide SquadX

Here we have a solid selection of soft vinyl goodies from Robert in Phoenix, Arizona. Enjoy these beauties!

"My top two never change. Five, four and three, however, are generally a constant revolving door as my collection expands and more amazing toys are released."

5) Daigomi by Guumon

"I love this figure simply for it's mass texture. Every spin you give this toy your eye catches something new in the sculpt you hadn't previously noticed. Its claws and size very much give it a junkyard monster feel. This particular Daigomi was painted by Arizona artist Blurble One."

4) Alavaka by Devil's Head Productions

"Not only is this toy aesthetically pleasing, but its story is one that compliments the figure so well. A demon-like deity is something I hadn't previously seen done in sofubi/kaiju toys. So this instantly became interesting to me."

3) Kumon by Shirahama Toy

"Something about spiders and skulls is an instant winning combination in my book. There's a certain type of creep factor that resides in the clean sculpt, not to mention Shirahama's paint executions are always meticulous."

2) The Fight Figure by various(pictured: Secret Base and Sin&Wombat)

"I love fight figures, namely Secret Base. The story behind the first fight toy(Take Shit's Fink Shit) makes it all the more legendary in my eyes because it hadn't been done before and its creation had an absolute purpose in its back story: to fight other toys. I love watching fights, I have a great interest in Muay Thai. These guys stand highly in my collection."

1) Obake Dogs by Secret Base

"Not enough can be said about my love for the Obake Dog. I was first exposed to Madballs(an obvious inspiration for the Obake Dog) in a grocery store toy aisle as a kid. My Mom was repulsed by them and refused to get them for me. My Dad, being the awesome dude he is, told me not to worry, and that we'll get a few when she's not around. Not only did I love the grotesque and gross nature of them(as most young male kids do), it was the first really cool "father, son" moment I had with my Dad. Like most collectors, these play a huge role in the nostalgia factor of collecting. Not to mention the variety of each Dog between head sculpts, clothing and wonderful paint apps."

No comments:

Post a Comment