Sunday 20 April 2014

Top 5 Toys - saradoodah

saradoodah from Brisbane, Australia sent in her super cool feline filled (with a squeeze of lemon and a side of dinosaur) Top 5 list!!

5) Blue Doranekon by Gargamel

"This figure was from the 2014 Gargamel lucky bag. I'd seen so many people posting these online as the lucky bags rolled out and really hoped I would get one too! I ended up getting a green blank one which is pretty rad but still, I had to head online to get this little blue fella. His chopped-off tail makes me sad so I have to make sure to take extra special care of him."

4) Wool by Chima Group

"What's not to like about Wool?!? He's adorable. I'd grown up drawing little dinosaurs that look a lot like him and went through a phase where I'd make really simple versions out of fimo clay. Wool is much better than my dinosaurs, and even though he doesn't have a hat, he's got a pink scarf to keep him warm. He really is a nice toy. Simple, but awesome."

3) Lemon by Cleptomanicx

"Big time number one fan of Stefan Marx. Also have a soft spot for citrus.. and Lemongrab. So Lemon is kinda the perfect character! and to have him embodied in vinyl is awesome. Lemon just looks like a cool dude, without any worries or troubles at all... I've had this figure for a while, and still can't bear to take him out of his packaging/liberate him. The backing card is so perfect and I know it'll get ruined in the process... so for now I will keep him as he is. For the next few hours, anyway! As I'm writing this I just want to open him up and give him a big hug!"

2) Neko Oba-San by Dehara

"Neko is the newest addition to my collection. I'd seen her online before, and the moment I saw her I said THAT'S IT!! THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. I'm a fan of Dehara's messed up, mangled creations... and I totally get behind people calling them creepy/terrifying etc, but Neko is so cool I'd almost call her cute? In a creepy way? Everything about her says "hand made" and that's becoming more difficult to find in a vinyl toy these days. I love that I can see where the clay has been hand moulded, there's a part at the back of her skirt where I swear I can see fingerprints... it reminds me of Le Merde's early resin toys and that's awesome! The fact that Neko isn't highly polished and smooth and perfect is what makes her one of my favourites. And she's a cat aunt! Super cool!"

1) Burgerbuns GID by Le Merde/Super7/Gargamel:

"Burgerbuns is my favourite Le Merde character. He's super cool and is the only toy on my bedside table. When I go to bed he turns into a night light, like Kuchi Kopi from Bob's Burgers.... very cool. He also wards off bad dreams and evil spirits."

No comments:

Post a Comment