Wednesday 16 April 2014

Top 5 Toys - Russblue11

Russblue11 from Orlando Florida sent in a gang of sofubi from his collection for his Top 5!! Check out more of his photos here

5) Griffon by Butanohana

"Out of all the Butanohana toys out there, the Griffon is definitely my favorite. I searched for a while to find one, and owe thanks to David/toothaction for helping me acquire this beast. This animal mash-up has a playful yet dangerous nature, and there is just the right amount of paint and lots of nice texture. The toy’s size is also perfect, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a full-size Griffon made in the future."

4) Full-Size Deathra (Medicom Project 1/6 Release) by Gargamel

"Gargamel’s standard-size Deathra was one of my first sofubi loves. The wide smile contrasts nicely with the sinister sharp claws, and I love the wing articulation. I love metallic paints, especially a combination of blue and green. While the lucky bag version on cream vinyl has the same paint, this Medicom Project 1/6 release is far superior on pink vinyl – and also serves as an homage to Taigon. Although there are now many customs with guts, this will always be one of my favorite versions of Deathra."

3) Cadaver Kid by Splurrt

"This Cadaver Kid was hand painted by Joe Merrill/splurrt back in 2011. During NYCC 2011, Cotton Candy Machine had an unpainted mixed parts release in their classic colors, but for some reason, the Cadaver Kids ended up not being mixed. Joe, being the nice guy he is, offered to paint the blanks for no added cost and I gladly took him up on the offer. I asked him for colors similar to the Deathra mentioned above, and I was blown away when I received the finished toy in the mail. This Cadaver Kid is one of the few select toys I chose to take on my vacation to Taiwan, and you can see photos on my Instagram."

2) Bemon (Paul Kaiju HP)

"This Bemon, hand painted by Paul Kaiju, combines pretty much all of my preferences into one toy: clear green vinyl, metallic paint, and even glow in the dark paint! It is one of those toys that are impossible to photograph, but looks absolutely amazing in person, especially when viewing the directional sprays that the Kougai sculpt is famous for."

1) Boss Carrion by Paul Kaiju H

"Paul Kaiju’s Boss Carrion was his first standard-size vinyl sculpt, and is still one of my all time favorites. I love that he can sit or stand! I remember looking at photos from SDCC 2011 shortly after I started collecting sofubi, and seeing the first “hand painted” Boss Carrions on display. I remember believing that I would never find one. Miraculously, I was offered one in trade for another Boss, and it was even green! This one-off is one of the few winking Bosses out there, and the green and reddish paint with subtle gold on flesh vinyl is absolutely perfect. In this photo, I put a Mr. Ree mask on the magnetically-attached Kewpie omake. I have owned other Bosses but this version will always be my favorite, and this is the one toy I will never let go of!"

No comments:

Post a Comment